Prep Time: 40 minutes
(1) 2 lb steelhead trout, gutted and cleaned
1 lemon, sliced
1 half red onion, sliced
1 lemon, halved
36 inches of butcher string
Bunch of your favorite herbs (oregano, dill, parsley, thyme)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Stuff trout with lemons, onions and herbs.
- Cut string into (3) 12 inch pieces and place on cutting board 3 inches apart from one another.
- Place trout atop strings and tie a knot with each string.
- Place fish on sheet pan with halved lemon, thin-cut potatoes, asparagus or other vegetables of choice. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of roasted lemon (pairs well with chimichurri or dijon aioli).