Prep Time: 25 minutes
|New York Steelhead Trout||1 lb|
|Soy sauce||1/4 cup|
|Rice wine or apple cider vinegar||1 tsp|
|Sesame oil||1 tsp|
Siracha, chili paste, or wasabi
Pickled cucumber and carrots:
2 – 6-inch Persian cucumbers, julienned
2 – 8-inch carrots, peeled and julienned
½ cup rice wine vinegar
½ cup cold water
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon, dry chili flakes
½ teaspoon, mustard seeds
1 cup shelled edamame
1 cup sliced avocado
½ cup pickled ginger
¼ cup sliced green scallion
¼ cup sesame seeds
2 cups white rice
- Skin and dice steelhead into ½ inch cubes
- In a medium-sized bowl combine diced steelhead, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil. Mix, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine vinegar, water, honey, mustard seeds, salt and chili flakes in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat, cool for 10 minutes, add cucumber and carrots and stir.
- Let rest 10 minutes in refrigerator, then transfer cucumber and carrots to a container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, add any of the suggested additional ingredients to the bowl. Top with ½ cup steelhead poke, pickled vegetables and other toppings.