|New York Steelhead||1.5 lb. skin-on fillet|
|Raw sugar||1/2 cup|
|Fennel seeds||1 tbsp|
|Lime zest||1 tbsp|
|Lemon zest||1 tbsp|
|Freshly chopped fresh dill||1 cup|
1. Create curing rub by combining salt, sugar, zest, and 1/4 cup chopped dill in small mixing bowl.
2. Line small baking tray with plastic wrap.
3. Place fillet skin side down on the plastic wrap.
3. Cover the entire top of fillet with curing rub so you cannot see any flesh.
4. Wrap fillet tightly in plastic wrap and place 1-2lbs of weight on top of fillet.
5. Place the baking tray in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
6. Unwrap fish, rinse fillet under cold water for one minute to remove curing rub.
8. Slice thinly on an angle from tail side first and serve with your favorite bread, crackers, in a salad, or simply as is!