Skin-on, steelhead fillet
|Shaved beet||1/2 cup|
|Raw sugar||1/4 cup|
|Lime zest||1 tbsp|
|Lemon zest||1 tbsp|
|Chopped dill||1/2 cup|
1. Combine salt, sugar, zest, and beet in small mixing bowl.
2. Line small baking tray with plastic wrap and lay fillet skin side down.
3. Cover the entire top of fillet with curing rub.
4. Wrap fillet tightly in plastic wrap and place 1lb of weight on top of fillet.
5. Place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
6. Unwrap fish, rinse fillet under cold water for one minute to remove curing rub.
7. Pat dry with paper towel, place cutting board, and coat fillet with additional 1/2 cup of fresh dill.
8. Slice thinly on an angle from tail side first and serve with your favorite bread, crackers, in a salad, or simply as is!