Prep Time: 25 minutes
For Ramp Pesto:
1 bunch of Ramps - bulbs/ends trimmed and cleaned
1/3 cup of Walnuts
1/3 cup of Olive Oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1. Remove leaves from the ramps. Blanch leaves in a small pot of boiling salted water until wilted, about 10 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain, squeeze out excess liquid, and coarsely chop.
2. Purée ramp greens, raw ramp bulbs, walnuts, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor until very finely blended. Add 1/3 cup of Parmesan and process until pesto is almost smooth. Pulse in a little more oil if sauce is too thick; season with salt and pepper.
1 pound steelhead fillet
1/3 cup ramp pesto + more for serving
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lay parchment paper over sheet tray and fillet on top.
3. Spread 1/4-1/3 cup of the ramp pesto evenly over the fish. (optional to add more whole ramps and sliced lemons on top)
4. Drizzle with olive oil.
5. Fold the edges of the parchment paper over and twist the ends of the paper to enclose the fish.
6. Bake for 20 mins, or until the steelhead is cooked through. Remove from oven and allow the fish to rest 5 minutes inside the parchment before unwrapping it.
7. Serve the steelhead with your favorite side dishes, or on top of a green salad.
(if using potatoes blanch the potatoes for 5 mins before placing it in the oven with the fish)